Travels in Textiles

.

Thursday 20 May 2010

Chorlton Arts Festival


I will be giving a talk during Chorlton Arts Festival on the patterns and textiles of the desterts of Gujarat and Rajasthan in India. It will explore the background of the region , the history of the crafts and craftspeople, the stories behind the patterns and uses of cloths and where these crafts people and their work are currently heading in changing times.http://chorltonartsfestival.com/events/ruth-clifford-patterns-of-identity-in-rural-india/

2 comments:

  1. It was a very interesting talk! And I'm glad you gave us the address for this blog, it's full of good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I apologise for not replying sooner - I've only just seen your comment. You'd think I would have got the hang of blogger by now!
    Thank you for coming to the talk, I enjoyed giving it and was pleased with the interest it received.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete